Friday, December 28, 2012

Bits of my Christmas decorating

Yes, it IS after Christmas. But I am still catching up on sharing my Christmas happenings, including some of my decorating this year. I changed my bow on the greenery in the doorway. I like it so much more than the bow I was previously using.
 I bought this silver pitcher at a church rummage sale this summer. I decided to use it for my Christmas centerpiece. The metal snowflakes around the base are waiting to be painted shiny silver. Hopefully they will blend with the two shiny snowflakes I already have hanging on the branches. I received the first snowflake at our Bunco ornament exchange. I decided it went perfectly with my centerpiece, but I was only able to find one more like it at Target!
 The candlesticks are Fostoria Americana, as is the large glass tray. The tray is currently being "stored" on my table because I haven't decided where else to keep it. It is quite large! I just found the mercury glass Christmas tree/candle at Target when I was looking for more snowflake ornaments.
 I am thinking that more of the silver snowflake ornaments would look nice hanging from my light over the table. I like this arrangement so much, that I will leave it out through January.
 Santa is over my cabinets with my bubble lights.
 I received this beautiful ivory poinsettia as a gift!
I bought the red poinsettia from a neighbor (fundraiser). My paper whites are about to bloom here. They are actually blooming now.
Y'all come back,
Lorilee

6 comments:

  1. like the bow and REALLY like the silver pitcher and snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks very pretty though ! Soon I will be taking ours down . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorilee, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment. Your house looks very festive. That silver pitcher is really nice, I bet it made a beautiful centre piece.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the silver and the twigs, nice contrast. And I always love paperwhites throughout the winter! I enjoyed seeing your Christmas decor here. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is lovely, Lorilee. That platter in your table center is big - I'll bet it is hard to store it in a regular cabinet. You have some real treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas decorations are wonderful, Lorilee. I LOVE that silver pitcher centerpiece arrangement!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista