Thursday, December 8, 2011

Around the House!

 The house almost all dressed for Christmas! I just finished this banner. I am wondering if it needs something between each HO! Maybe just a small bow or something.
 The tree is decorated. The newest kitty, Rascal, tried to climb it a few times as I was putting the lights on it. Luckily, he hasn't bothered it any more.
 So many memories connected to each and every ornament!

 My Zygocactus is even ready for the holidays.
 You may remember the black paint craze.(See the previous post.) I painted the bench in the living room black now as well. Sadly, the paint on the stools and bench stayed tacky. I did some internet research and decided to try using Minwax Polycrylic over the tacky paint. It seems to have solved the problem! I am so relieved.
I am definitely impressed with this stuff!
I've started burning this candle in the evenings since it gets dark so early! Just imagine me sitting in the chair with Rascal asleep on my lap as I work on a blog post!
Y'all come back!
Lorilee

4 comments:

  1. glad your kitty's not climbing your tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bell on a ribbon maybe...

    You decorations are beautiful.

    Rascal...with a name like that look out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. My cats are so bad about climbing the Christmas tree we finally gave up and just put a 24 inch one on top of the china hutch so they can't reach it. Looks like you are in the holiday spirit, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! Hope you have a blessed and merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista