Wednesday, December 28, 2011

 We celebrated Christmas starting on December 18 with my Dad, Stepmom and brothers and sisters. My SIL and I hosted our 8th Annual Cookie Exchange Party. We went to my 91-year-old grandmother's house for Christmas Eve along with the extended family. We had our Christmas with our 2 sons on Christmas Day. We traveled to my husband's sisters home to celebrate with his side of the family on the 27th. Now we are ready to think about the New Year! (FYI) The photo of "Rascal" was taken while we were taking our family Christmas photo. He was running wildly around the yard climbing on everything!
 In between all the visiting and partying, I cooked, baked, sewed and crafted! Above are this years mini apron ornaments.
 A shot of the buffet my SIL and I prepared for the Cookie Exchange.
The Cookie Exchange Group for 2011 along with some of the banners I've made this year.
This year is ending with me crazy about burlap and black. I am still finding new things to paint black. Currently, the curtains behind us in the photo are down being cleaned and the curtain rod (not visible) is being given a coat of black paint. It was previously unfinished wood! I was anxious about 12 years ago to hang my just completed curtains and never "finished" the rod! I guess it is time to finish the job 12 years later!
Blessings,
Lorilee

4 comments:

  1. how cool - the cookie exchange sounds great. you've had a busy month! LOVE that gorgeous kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rascal is so cute and so are those little apron ornaments. The buffet for the cookie exchange looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks great ! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas ! Rascal is a cutie ! Awesome photos ! Have a Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rascal's photo is spectacular! The holiday photos are beautiful and the food looks delicious. Wishing you a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista