Sunday, July 14, 2013

Making gifts and an overnight trip

 I don't really have any photos of the overnight trip. I went with  my SIL to drop my nephews off at their summer camp for the week. As you can see, they didn't wait for us! They were anxious to get checked in. This is the oldest nephew's third year to attend and the younger nephew's first year. You can see how hot and dry it is. The grass is all crunchy! We stayed with my SIL's Aunt Jan that night. She is so much fun. We then shopped a little in Austin before heading home. We spent a little time at "The Domain" shopping center. We spent our time mostly in the M.A.C. store and a Sur La Table. We passed through the Macy's. We arrived home late Friday evening. My niece had a Regional swim meet the next morning. She placed 1st in her division in breast stroke, 2nd in butterfly and her freestyle relay team placed 1st. There will be a trip to the state meet in Corpus Christi in a few weeks!
 The week before the little trip, I was busy getting a wedding gift ready. I wasn't able to attend the celebration, so I sent the gift with my oldest son. The gift consisted of an apron from her Uncle's jeans, an embroidered tea towel, a cookbook of family recipes and a chicken feed bag tote bag (I forgot to include it in the photo). I have a stack of washed bags and plan to make more.
 Here is the apron on its own.
 A close-up of the embroidery. The pattern is from the Hobby Lobby website.
 I decided to include quotations about "family" in the cookbook of family recipes. I was thrilled to find polka dot looseleaf binders and polka dot border paper at Wal-Mart.


 The bride is a fan of "The Office" so I included some Dwight Schrute quotations!


 I used black and white polka dot for wrapping since the invitation was black with white print.
I've got a long to-do list. Hopefully, I'll get something done and have more to share soon! The Double Toe Jam is also coming up! I will be going to Waco to attend with several others from my clogging group!
Y'all come back,
Lorilee

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE the tea towel! brings back memories of my mom's dish towels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest idea for a apron...she will love everything that you made for her.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great wedding gifts! Very thoughtful & sweet! The apron is so cute.

    Congrats to your niece on her swim meet victories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute apron! Love all those sayings in the cookbook too. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet gift. I LOVE the apron you made!! It is so Cute!!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista