Monday, July 18, 2011

Giraffe theme cake.

My son requested a Giraffe themed cake for his girlfriend's 16th Birthday. This is what I came up with.
I also decided to make the inside spotted like a giraffe. I didn't get a photo of it sliced because I was unable to attend the actual party. I was attending the Double-Toe Jam. I will post about it on the Stars and Stripes Cloggers blog soon.
The cake is frosted with buttercream, while the "spots" are done with homemade fondant using this recipe. The cake is a Duncan Hines yellow cake with whole milk substituted for the water.

6 comments:

  1. Belated Happy 16th Birthday! I like the cake. Looks so yummy..

    Mary Joy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! A wonderful cake for a sweet 16. My oldest will turn 16 next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with the other comments, that is a great looking cake.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow~ that's pretty amazing, Lorilee!
    Hope she liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista