Friday, August 3, 2012

Another Hobby!

 I really needed to try another hobby requiring more tools and supplies! I have a friend that is always wearing the cutest beaded bracelets. On our trip to Waco for the Double Toe Jam, she taught me to make one of my favorites, called the "caterpillar".Thank you, Martha!
For me, working with these small beads and thin needles requires magnifying glasses and good lighting. I came across this Ott light at Hobby Lobby on the clearance shelf at 40% off.
 This is my completed "caterpillar" bracelet.
 I also attended a beading workshop at "Sewing Machines by B & B". This beaded tin was the project.
 This was an Altoids mint tin. I will now be collecting empty tins! 
The beaded tin was one of many projects in this book. 
Now I have a hobby for any mood-beading, sewing, Swedish weaving, crocheting, gardening, etc.
Y'all come back,
Lorilee

3 comments:

  1. the beaded tin is very cool, as is your bracelet! my eyes hurt just thinking about working with those tiny beads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bead work!! My girlfriend made a beaded Christmas Tree - I've bought all the beads, but haven't started yet!! My project when I retire :-}}
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend Kay (I don't know if you saw our trip to Prescott posts when we went to see her) does Indian beadwork. Kay is a Cherokee. I love the beadwork and would take it up, but I honestly don't think I could handle doing something else, and I worry about the intricacy of the work. I ought to post my pine needle weaving efforts...oh, my gosh, that was the hardest thing I have ever tried! I had to give it up. Your beaded bracelet is lovely, and I really like that beaded tin, too! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista