Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jack in a jar!

 I've been working on these cute jar Jack-o-lanterns. I have finished one more large one since I took the photo and have a jar to make one more small one. I used craft jars from Hobby Lobby that I purchased for 1/2 off. I loved the round shape. I was also having difficulty finding used jars. So much comes in plastic now! I deviated from Emily's tutorial just a bit. I used black tissue to make my faces. I decided to try modpodge my faces to the inside of my jars instead of the outside. It worked beautifully. In the photo, they are backlit by sunlight. At night, I use battery tealights in them.
These were my inspiration! They were made by Emily at  Not So Idle Hands .
Y'all come back,
Lorilee

9 comments:

  1. These are adorable!! I love the different shapes of the jars. PS Happy belated b-day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soo cute awesome job ! Have a wonderful eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on a my favorite blogs! I paperd a few pumpkin jars today. I made a few ghosts as well. I have been saving glass jars all summer. I agree they are hard to come by since a lot of things now come in plastic. You did a great job and they look so cute! I was wondering how I could make a few for Christmas.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!

    I'm going to check out her site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Thanks for sharing this cute idea. Happy Birthday last week. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was trying to post under the section with the bat photo, but could not scroll to the bottom of the page for some reason. In any case, I stumbled upon your blog and noted that you were holding a bat. I live in Florida and we had one fly into our screened pool area about a week ago. We were told to wear thick gloves to remove it and not to let it come into contact with our skin at all. Apparently, even if they accidently scratch you with their claws, you must undergo rabies shots here. So, I wanted to warn you not to pick them up especially since it looks like you have little ones around in some of your photos. Just thought I would pass that on.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista