I am officially in love with black for accents! Last weekend, I painted the shutters along with the front and back doors. We had not yet replaced the kickplate on the front door when I took the photo.
This weekend, the Mr. added a kickplate to the backdoor, along with a "scratch plate" on the door frame! The kickplate is off-center because the precious dogs scratch at that side of the door! I also repainted the inside and outside of a side door that leads into our garage. I don't have a photo yet.
The Mr. also finished the rat-proof window covers he started last weekend.
We used old-fashioned wooden screen brackets to hang them.
This is why the "covers" are needed. Rats have chewed holes in all three window screens in my garden shed.
We decided to put the "cover" on the inside of the loft window. It is hinged so that it can be opened to allow access to the window.
These are next. The one on the right has already been sanded. With all the painting, I haven't had time to vacuum or mop my house! I also have lots of ironing that is piling up! Oh, and I need to pack up the Halloween stuff and put out the Thanksgiving decor. Maybe next weekend!
Y'all come back,
Tinsel, One Strand at a Time!
2 hours ago