Saturday, May 5, 2012

This and That

May is a busy month for teachers and gardeners! Being both, I have not found much time for blogging! I want to share a little of this and that.
 I love this little plaque that I recently received as a bunco prize! I am so blessed to be part of such a lovely group of ladies!
 Blooms are everywhere in my garden! This is one of my favorite daylilies-Ming Porcelain. The color is so soft and velvety. It also has a nice fragrance.Be warned, I have many favorite daylilies!
 Besides being hooked on daylilies, I am also falling in love with irises. This is 'Ann Chowning'. I have recently added 'Sinfonietta' and 'Full Eclipse'. I think they have probably already bloomed this year, so I will have a long wait to see them bloom in my garden. Patience is a good thing in the garden!
 We added this urn water feature a few weeks ago. The vitex behind it is starting to bloom as well. It is also known as Texas Lilac.
I neglected to trim back my antique roses this year, so they are quite wild and leggy looking! I will just have to focus on the blooms! Hopefully, I will not neglect my blog as well and be back soon!
Y'all come back,
Lorilee

7 comments:

  1. i have wanted to add a vitex to my yard for a few years now. knowing it is called texas lilac just makes me want one more. :)

    and thanks for sharing that plaque. i need to think of those words more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers! I'm like you in that there just aren't enough hours in the day for our gardens this time of year. I spent 3 1/2 hours out there today and I can barely move.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers ! I am yet to get my flowers for the gardens has been a slow start. That is a lovely plaque thanks for sharing it all with us ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the first blogger I've seen that has Vitex. When we moved here one year ago, I had six Vitex planted. They are just beginning to bloom and I just love them!
    I love daylilies and irises, too.
    I'm taking a few weeks off from posting but just wanted to say "hi" and see you in June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! I'm still just getting started on flowers here - I miss my daylilies and iris. Added a few new things this weekend and got skeeter bites for my effort. (one of the things added was two pots of skeeter plant on the patio!)
    Hope the rest of your week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the plaque! and the pics of the flowers aren't too shabby either! I want flowers so bad but it's already getting too hot here. I'll just enjoy yours...keeps the pics coming...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaque...I need it's message!!! :-) The flowers and urn are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista