Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cookie decorating vs. sleeping

I ended up with 30 snowflake shaped sugar cookies after the baking fiasco I shared in the previous post. I decided on December 23rd that it was now or never to decorate them. I first had to finish a 20 page scrapbook that I started on December 22 in the evening. Did I mention it was also my first real attempt at doing scrapbook layouts? I digress. Back to the cookies. I was done with the scrapbook around 10:30 p.m.. I took a bath while debating whether or not to start the cookie decorating so late. Since I had already stayed up until 2 a.m. on the scrapbook the night before, I figured I should go for it. Weeellllll, 30 cookies took me until 4 a.m.!
My family was impressed, but they are a far cry from the many cookie decorators whose blogs I visit frequently.
Y'all come back,
Lorilee

5 comments:

  1. Wow. they are beautiful. I made snow flake cookies yesterday, but have not decorated them yet. I was going to post about , but now I am a little intimidated by your beauties. I'll have to wait and see how mine come out. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree they are beautiful! I admire your determination in getting them done! I am sure I would of thrown in the towel! They are fabulous!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. The surviving flakes look great! Just think how late you'd have been up if you hadn't had the "fiasco"! :)
    Keep hangin' in there!

    Ardith of Green Country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed too, Lorilee! Those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look beautiful! I have never had any luck with cut-out/decorated cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista