Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Bat house

Still behind. We actually put up this new bat house over spring break (mid-March).
The Monday that I returned to school was a VERY windy day, and the original bat house blew down. Mr. CC managed to get it standing back up temorarily. The next weekend, we bought and concreted a new post in the ground.
The following weekend, we waited until after dark, hoping the bats had all exited and then took the old house off the original post and re-mounted it on the new post. I won't go into all the little set backs, but it took us about 3 hours. It also took a few days for all of the bats to return to the house. Hopefully, some will decide to move into the new house before the babies start being born, and I have to spend my evenings putting fallen newborns back into the house.
Y'all come back,
Lorilee

8 comments:

  1. I've never had a bat house. How very interesting. Love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the bottle tree made from old insulators. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bat houses are awesome had them on our hobbie farm when I was a kid ! Nice photos. Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...bat houses...interesting. Wonder what keeps them away from these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I'm not sure I actually want bats at my house but if you do, I'm happy for you.

    Hugs, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bat house is on my list of things to do, but it looks like it might be a next year project...funny through all this I forgot that bats will actually live in it, lol, and there might be baby bats around..

    Glad to hear that yours are all safe now.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea! I'm so happy you provide housing for bats...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm, those baby bats would be in trouble if they were depending on me - but good for you!
    Love your bottle tree - never seen one with insulators instead of bottles. Vert creative!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista