Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Incredible Edible Eggs!

I decided to try cookie decorating again. I haven't done any since the 5 hour decorating craze at Christmas! I made a double batch from this recipe to get the 14 very large cookies and 12 small cookies.


I ran short of the yellow for filling, so one cookie got an orange bottom. I HATE to have wasted icing, and I usually cut it VERY close! Of course this adds stress to the decorating! I do think I should go with a smaller outline tube when I am outlining in a different color.


I almost let some of them dry too long before adding the dots and stripes! They didn't smooth out quite enough. Luckily the photo doesn't really let this mistake show! This time I started decorating at 9 p.m. and finished around midnight. I got my late start because house-cleaning and laundry had to come first! I made them for my nieces, nephews, Mom and Dad. We had our extended-family Easter Gathering on Palm Sunday.



Y'all Come Back,


Lorilee

8 comments:

  1. They look yummy ! I havent baked Easter cookies in years . Maybe I will make a Easter cake for Papa. Have a greatd day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful, Lorilee! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look perfect! I thought I would have enough time to try my hand at this for Easter, but I think I am running out of time. I guess I can try them for Mother's Day. I wanted to use a packaged sugae cookie mix for the first try. I will try your recipe next time.
    They are beautiful!
    Happy Easter!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those cookies are gorgeous! I have only attempted to decorate cookies one time, and it was an epic disaster. I may have to give it another shot one of these days.
    Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorilee, these cookies are AMAZING! Wow! I can't believe how perfect your handwriting is on them. Thank you so much for your comment. The birthday boy did indeed enjoy his cupcake. Blessings to you as well! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came by to thank you for your visit and now I need to spend some time visiting you! Love the cookies so pretty. I have never spent that much time decorating cookies. We are sprinklers. lol. I have spent a lot of time on my daughters birthday cakes when they were children though. I like you would be up really late getting them done for the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, yummy looking cookies! And I love the beautiful eggs you all decorated a couple post down!!!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista