Thursday, March 18, 2010

Martha's Shamrocks!


As usual, I am running behind! I wanted to make something for the cloggers to wear since we were performing at Twin Pines on St. Patrick's Day. I found the idea on Martha Stewart's website. I read a comment with the idea of using a button instead of printing the "medallion" for the center. I folded the last "puff" of the chenille stem back which doubled the shamrock stem. Then I used embroidery floss (2 strands) to stitch a large safety pin on (going around the back "layer" of the stem. I also sewed on the button being sure to go around the bends in the chenille stem to help keep it secure. The photo is my first try. I used 4-hole buttons on the rest of them which gave me a better opportunity to sew around the chenille stem. I made 8 of them in a couple of hours.
Y'all come back!
Lorilee

2 comments:

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista