Thursday, March 4, 2010

Woe is the garden!

Sigh, much of my yard is looking SO sad right now. This is the West side yard. The only green in sight here are daylilies and the Satsuma Mandarin tree (still just a baby). The banana tree is especially sad looking! It actually HAD two small bundles of tiny bananas on it before it froze! That ugly cinderblock in the fence corner is to keep the dogs in while letting the water drain out! Eventually, I hope to have more pavers in this area and an urn-style fountain!
The East side yard would be just as pathetic except for the Carolina Jasmine that is coming into full bloom! Talk about sunshine on a cloudy day!
It is a favorite this time of year. HAHA! It is the only thing blooming in my yard right now!
Y'all come back,
Lorilee


4 comments:

  1. Growing up, my parents had that same Jasmine growing on our fenced backyard. I can still remember that huge pop of color! Don't feel bad, the daylilies are the only thing green in my yard as well. But not for long hopefully!! Come on Texas weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...the only thing with blooms in my yard is the heather!

    We have a long way to go before spring decides to bless us...then it's only for a week. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jasmine is gorgeous. Soon everything will be alive and blooming. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. Visit my site for some great tips for your garden at www.plottips.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista