Friday, March 19, 2010

New Peeps!

I've spent much of my Spring Break calling my area feed stores daily to see if they've had any chicks delivered. I was able to get my first 4 chicks on Thursday. I had to go back for the last 2 today. The Thursday shipment of chicks was already sold. I am glad I didn't wait. In the photo above-the two black and yellow chicks are my Barred Rocks, Liesl and Gretl. The light yellow chick is my Buff Orpington, Buffy.
In this photo-the reddish chick is a Production Red, Scarlet. The larger chicks are Americaunas that the feed store owner had been keeping at home for his grandchildren to see while visiting. He had just returned them to the store the day I was there. The lighter chick is Matilda and the darker is Madeline. The Buff Orpington, Buffy is in this photo also. Right now, their "brooder", is two cardboard boxes connected. In no time at all, they will be flying out of this home! It is always interesting introducing the newbies to the existing flock. Blossom, Holly, and Lily will almost certainly chase and peck at them to be sure the babies know who the big girls are!
Y'all Come Back,
Lorilee

7 comments:

  1. Sweet.Sweet.Sweet I love little Peeps.
    Did you see that your lovely little male House Finch and his missus made their way North to pay me a visit!!! So pretty. I noticed they were back today along with another male who wasn't quite as beautiful as the one I photographed, although the new guy wasn't welcomed very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is cuter nor sweeter than baby chicks. I just love them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and just in time for Easter. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww so cute! Love your new additions! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Squeal* They are so beautiful, Lorilee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww they are so cute! What a cute blog you have here. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista