Sunday, March 21, 2010

Girls' morning at the plant sale!

This is the crowd at the Victoria County Master Gardeners Associations' Spring Plant Sale. The doors opened at 8 a.m., but I understand the line started forming just after 7 a.m.. The place was packed and plants went fast!
The plant sale was held in the VCMGAs' new pavillion which is adjacent to their educational gardens. Marie (SIL), Bug (niece) and I were there when the doors opened!

After paying for and loading our plants, we went to tour the Victoria Educational Gardens or VEG as they call it. Of course, Bug was one of my favorite subjects! I can't seem to pick a favorite photo of her!





Our visit was short. Clouds were quickly rolling in, and we could hear thunder in the distance! So we headed back to the Trailblazer. Just as we fastened our seatbelts, the rain came down in torrents.
We drove back to my house for coffee and strawberry cupcakes. Bug had chocolate milk in her coffee cup! Of course, we visited with the peeps too! It certainly didn't feel like Spring anymore!Y'all Come Back,
Lorilee


8 comments:

  1. What fun! I hope you found lots of goodies. Your niece is absolutely adorable, I can see why she would be a favorite subject!
    Those thunderstorm rolled thru here yesterday as well. The rain and wind were awful, then we woke up to 10 inches of snow!!! Our amazing Texas weather....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bug is darling! That gathering would be so much fun. It would be a great place to find answers to my gardening questions. Thanks for your good wishes for our hen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had wonderful Spring weather and started planting our garden this week. Of course, that can change at anytime :-) Your little peeps are so cute, and Bug is adorable. Those dimples she has are so cute!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little girl, Bug, is so photogenic! Hey, it snowed here yesterday. Sigh... I didn't see an email address for you. I got my funky chicken last week on my first visit to Home Goods in Dallas when I had to go to a doctor's appt. It was only $9.99!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bug is a cutie! :)

    Our Master Gardener plant sale isn't until mid-May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna see what you bought! Our MG Expo is the Saturday; it's my first time to help, wish me (us) luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your niece is darling! I bet you all had fun! I love that weathervane! Patti

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista