Monday, January 18, 2010

Gift inspires project!

I recently received this sweet medicine cabinet from a dear friend. I had several possibilities in mind for it.
I decided this spot would be its new home. But, I had always thought this little hallway was too dark. It was definitely too dark to allow one to view the contents of the medicine cabinet. I mentioned this dilemma to my personal handyman. He agreed. It had always been difficult to read the thermostat in this hallway!

SOOOO, a trip to Lowe's and numerous trips into the attic running wire etc. and we now have 2 recessed lights in the hallway and a dimmer switch around the corner!
Ahh! much brighter! Doesn't it look great?

I couldn't bear to have it empty, so I scavenged around the house for some appropriate knick-knacks to put in it. It is a perfect place to display one of my towels embellished with Swedish Weaving!


Y'all Come Back!


Lorilee

8 comments:

  1. It does look great !!!

    What a perfect place for your beautiful towel...not sure where it was but it couldn't have looked any better than it does on the med. cabinet. Look's a bit like Valentine's to me... now you have another spot for holiday changes!
    So much fun "playing house" and such an added bonus having a "helping partner".

    You both continue to warm my heart. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorilee,
    Well you sure did choose the perfect spot for your med cabinet! You have it beautifully decorated too! The towel is so pretty! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT'S THE CUTEST THING..JUST LOVE IT! AND IT LOOKS SO GOOD IN IT'S NEW SPOT TOO, THE TOWEL IS CUTE ON IT..YOU COULD PUT SEASONAL TOWELS THERE! YOU'RE LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A CUTE PIECE! COME SAY HI :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect! You not only got a new cabinet, but some much needed lighting, now that's a win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That looks great, Lorilee- it's nice you have such a smart Handyman! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little medicine cabinet, and it looks just perfect where you have it..that's such a pretty towel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat present! I love that he's posing with installation tools. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista