Friday, January 8, 2010

I have plenty I could blog about! BUT, I haven't been feeling too great the last few days. Some sort of chest burning, body aching, coughing bug has gotten into me. I have photos of goodies I made during the holidays, but didn't have time to post about. Now I don't feel like getting off the sofa to get the recipes! I have treasures from ebay and treasures gifted from friends to share, but I don't have photos. It is getting too dark by the time I get home for good photos! I've also had to spend extra time wrapping some outdoor faucets for our expected 19 degree low. (This is South Texas, and we seldom get that low!) SO I am sitting on the sofa with my cup of tea and warm blanket thinking warm thoughts. . .

...Summer camping at Goose Island State Park, and eating cold watermelon. (nephew-Devin, son-Brian, nephew-Walker)
... Sitting on the pier in the warm sun with the cool salty wind in my face. (Walker and Brian)
...Watching my tree monkeys in the live oak trees.
...Sweet puppies in the wildflowers. (Lexi)
... Curious doggies sniffing box turtles.


...Even sweating while digging trenches for electrical lines for the "barn" at the Ranch!
(Brian-son, Steven-brother, Devin-nephew)
...AAHH! then going for a cooling swim in the stock tank. (nephew-Walker and Trixie)
...1, 2, 3, SPLASH!
(in the water, brother-Steven holding Chase. nephew-Devin and Brian tossing Walker with Grandma Barb watching)
When the dog days of summer are here, I will be longing for the nose numbing wind of an arctic front!
For now I'm going for some chicken soup with a NyQuil Cold and Flu chaser!
Y'all Come Back,
Lorilee







6 comments:

  1. I DON'T BLAME YOU ONE BIT YOU POOR THING..GET WELL AND HAVE 2 CUPS AND THINK EXTRA SUMMERY THOUGHTS! COME SAY HI :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I got the same thing going on! I'm sniffling and my eyes are miserable. It's going to be zero here tonight, and we've got a foot of snow. I've found myself looking at my garden photos!

    Love your new header. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorilee, your post is just what we frozen gals needed!!!

    hey, I resized my post's collage so it'd ALL show this time. thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warm post. We sure need it here. It's been so cold for so long. Feel better soon! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the sickness. Ugh. My sinuses have been so horrible this week! It's not helping with the working out motivation either!

    I hope you get to feeling better and thanks for the reminder that Spring will arrive eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get to feeling better. Way to think positive with summer thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista