Joanne at My Little Cottage in the Making started the Crazy 8 Club. The challenge is to list 8 Crazy Facts about yourself on your blog. Eventhough I am basically a pretty boring person, I will give it a try!
1. I have only been out of my home state of Texas 3 times in my life and only one of those was as an adult! When I was about 4 years old, my family went to Monterey, Mexico. When I was 5 years old, my family went to New Mexico and Colorado. As an adult, I have only crossed the border into Nuevo Laredo, Mexico for a few hours. It is a 6+ hour drive to the Texas border from where I live!
2. I started clogging in January. I absolutely love it!
3. I come from a hunting family and have helped skin deer and wild hogs. In fact, we get together to make our own venison and pork sausage in January after deer season. My Dad put a motor onto a meat grinder to make the job easier. We have a hand crank sausage stuffer, and we smoke it in a "pump house". We start in the morning with the deboning of the meat and finish wrapping it around midnight.
4. My husband, two sons and I have been going to the Renaissance Festival in Plantersville, for 10 years now. We all go in costume. I have made all of my costumes and parts of the guys' costumes. They buy the leather boots, belts, jerkins, etc.
5. I have a bathouse in my backyard with about 200 bats living in it. I have held baby bats in my hand when they were first born and fell out of the house. (There is a photo if you scroll down)
6. I'm 42 years old and have not yet gotten a traffic ticket. I have gotten one warning. (Knock on wood)haha!
7. For the last 10 years, we have used our computer to design our family Christmas card.
8. My Dad and I both developed kidney stones in 1998. NOT a fun thing to have in common with someone!
Weekly Top Posts: 2015-07-05
8 hours ago