Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Farmer's Casserole

My sweety always gets a ham from his employer at Christmas. This year, I didn't bake it for our Christmas dinner. Instead, I cut it up and froze it. I pulled a bag out of the freezer to make this new recipe. It would be great for breakfast, although we ate it for supper!
We had already been pigging out when I remembered that I hadn't taken a "finished" photo!
The recipe came from this cookbook. The idea is to spend one day cooking and then freezing the meals. I have done this with several of the recipes, but I also just make them when I feel like it!

Farmer's Casserole

6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese with jalapieno peppers (I had Colby Jack on hand)
1 cup diced fully cooked ham (I used more)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
4 beaten eggs
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and green onion.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, evaporated milk, pepper,and salt. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until center appears set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

3 comments:

  1. I make something similar to this for Christmas morning. I make it up the day before and then put it in the oven when we get up. With some fruit and muffins it's a great meal. Love those pedestal plates. Love Hobby Lobby. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great. We have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello My Dear Lorilee! Wow, thanks for the yummy recipe! Must try it! Hugs, Maryjane

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista