Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Willkommen and a morgue!

After spending most of the day in Luckenbach, we returned to Fredericksburg with a couple of hours to shop! I found the sign in "Things Remembered, Too". It is "Welcome" in German.
Marie spotted the Hen Christmas ornament in "The Fredericksburg General Store". Of course, Cackleberry Cottage must have it! Most of the shops close at 5 p.m., so we moved on to the business of deciding where to eat. We stopped at several places. The first place we entered had a 45 minute wait. We didn't think this would be a good idea with our 3 1/2 year-old Bug.

We finally ended up at a restaurant located in the basement of the old Hospital. "Der Kuchen Laden" is located above the restaurant.
We could hear music as we walked down the steps. It was acoustic guitar. We liked that. Music, but not too loud!
We had a wonderful meal of a hollowed out half of breaded and fried eggplant filled with crab and shrimp with white wine sauce and parmesan cheese. To accompany that was rice and steamed green beans. It was delicious. We had blueberry lemonade to drink. We learned that one of the dining rooms in the back had been the morgue for the hospital. I'm happy that we didn't sit in that room!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee



3 comments:

  1. Well now I want to got to Fredricksburg. Maybe in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Fredricksburg is wonderful. I love that Texas/German food. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lorilee,
    I love your chicken ornaments...I would leave those out all year round....soooo adorable...I love your trip and the shops that you posted today...I would still be there digging through things...they would be hauling me out of there...I saw lots of things I would buy to put in my garden...those doors...I would have loved to have been on that trip...thank you for letting us be a part of your trip....I really loved the photograph you took of the road...very poetic
    love your blog...I put a link on my blog to yours
    debbie

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista