Monday, January 19, 2009

Let's Go to Luckenbach, Texas!

Friday was the beginning of a "Girls' Weekend" for my sister-in-law, Marie, my niece, Hannah and I. Originally, it was to be my sweety and I, but he was unable to get Saturday off from work! Hannah was so excited about the trip. She stayed awake the whole drive 7 p.m. until 11 p.m.. After all that driving, she can sing along to the Mama Mia soundtrack! Here she is getting ready for bed at the motel!

On Saturday morning, we had our breakfast at Rather Sweet Bakery. Cheddar Bacon scones for the big girls and a Jailhouse Cinnamon roll for Bug.

We spent most of Saturday in Luckenbach. I attempted to clog, but I am not proficient with enough of the steps to learn the dances as quickly as they were teaching them. It was awesome to watch!

We wandered down to the creek. Much of it was dry due to the drought!

Marie, Bug and I are in front of the Old post office and store. It was overcast and cool by South Texas standards! Needless to say, Luckenbach is pretty laid back with chickens wandering around.

This cowboy showed up on the longhorn. He said it answered to "Shotgun".

The cowboy and Mom are trying to convince Bug to sit on Shotgun for a photo. She remains unconvinced that this would be a good idea! Maybe the Aggie blood from Mom and Dad makes her instinctively avoid longhorns!


Eventhough our group of cloggers is all female, there ARE men who clog---and quite well! The man on the left is Buster Green, an instructor and on the right is John Pryor another instructor. I was in awe of the wonderful dancers at the workshop! Bug was worn out from all the excitement of Luckenbach! She napped while we watched the clogging.

Ya'll Come Back Now!

Lorilee

5 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I haven't been to Luckenbach in quite a while....I've zoomed past on the interstate but haven't taken the time to stop and soak in the fun that is ALL Luckenbach. I had a nephew that clogged YEARS ago (he's 24 now) and I always enjoyed watching cloggers. You can't HELP but tap your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like a real fun time. she is a little cutie too!!!
    xx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be afraid to sit on that Longhorn too. lol That's great that you guys had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love weekends with the girls. You can do girly things! Looks like you girls had lots of fun. Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista