After numerous weekends of tilling, digging, trips to Lowe's, planting, and sore, achy muscles, this was my new flowerbed!
By springtime, it was blooming!
In March, I discovered this old bird hutch at my brother's house. It was behind a barn. He was willing to part with it. He even helped me with some "remodeling". Here he had just finished putting shingles over the tarpaper. The shingles were in another barn.We also found cedar plywood to make hinged sides over the existing hardware cloth. We made a ramp so the chickens could more easily get in and out. He hauled it to my house on a flat bed trailer after loading it with a tractor. Unloading it at my house and getting it into the backyard required pure muscle from about 6 people!
Once it was in place behind my barn, I painted it to match. I also added latches to the side panels and door.
I also had to fence in a "run" for the chickens. I raise or lower the side panels depending on the weather!
I had to transplant several varieties of cannas from the chicken run. They are to the left of the bench. I added some old bricks under the wisteria arbor and moved a bench from another part of the yard.
Ya'll Come Back!