Monday, January 12, 2009

Justified at 1/2 off!

I went to Hobby Lobby on Friday after school. First I headed to what was left of the Christmas items at 80% off. I found a set of purple and a set of green mini glass balls. I bought them with the idea of doing something with a Mardi Gras theme. I also bought the medium-sized pedestal plate. I had noticed it on earlier trips, but I didn't want to pay that much for something I didn't NEED. Well, it was easier to justify at 1/2 price. Later that evening, I was telling my sweety all about my goodies. I then realized that I had been charged full price. I also began wishing for the other two plates to be able to stack them! On Saturday, I headed back to Hobby Lobby. I got credited for the overcharge. I also bought the other two plates, and I found the cute "Welcome" sign for my gate. I had another welcome sign hanging there until some unknown boys slammed the gate causing it to fall off and break!
I think they are so pretty. I have a dozen vintage "Snack sets". The edging on the cake plates is similar to the handles on the cups of the snack sets. Now I need to have a party so I can use them!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

4 comments:

  1. How smart of you to check! Its almost like 'found' money isn't it? Your plates are so pretty, and I LOVE your welcome sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens to me all the time too, boy do I ever hate it! Urrrr! Glad you got your money back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your comment on Meg's blog about going to Fredericksburgh. Don't know if you've been to Boerne but Bye Bye Birdie there is my favorite shop in the area. Like Disneyland for grown-up girls with all of the beautiful sights, sounds, scents, & colors and the sense of whimsy. Also, everything I've eaten at Rather Sweet Bakery in Fredericksburg was very yummy! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candlewick glass ~ they'd look great with CHOCOLATE on them. Hee. :)

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista