Friday, March 20, 2009

Word is spreading!

The other day, I looked out my back window to see one squirrel in my bird feeder and another on my bottle tree. Word is spreading, I usually have only one squirrel filching sunflower seeds!
The squirrel on the feeder left, so the second squirrel decided to take his turn!

Almost there!
Yummy!
MMM mmmm good. My two fierce hunting dogs have now seen the squirrel. They are about to knock down the back door in their excitement to get that squirrel.
Aww, they just missed him! He escaped up into the branches of the tree. I walked out to try and get a photo of him chattering at the dogs. He scared the daylights out of me when he jumped out of the tree, hitting the ground with a loud thump about 10 feet from where I was standing and running to the fence.
With my attention span about the same as Lexi's, (The dog not pictured because she lost interest so quickly) I soon noticed something new of photographic interest. Awesome, lichen on a water hose! I'd say I'm easily entertained!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

9 comments:

  1. Dear Easily Entertained: LOL...yes, its definitely Spring. The Squirrels know it, the Robin Red-Breast know it and the Dogs know it. I think the lichen on the hose is really cool. Have a great weekend..it's SUPPOSEd to be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived up by the lake I used to love to watch the Blue Jay/Squirrel Wars. And while it was mostly about suet and a little about seed it really reached a zenith when it was about dog food and another group entered the fray. Fun post today with great pictures.

    Have A Fantastic Friday
    from A Raggedy Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want a bottle tree JUST LIKE THAT, squirrels and all! They can be annoying, but they are so cute, I could sit and watch them for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bottle tree. We used to say it was the happiest day of our dog's life when he actually caught a squirrel! Betsy goes crazy for them too, but she hasn't come close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that pic of your dog treeing the squirrel! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just terrified Charlie Ross is eventually going to catch one!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those crazy squirrel pilfering bird seed and the crazy dogs that think they can catch them. At least everyone is entertained and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have the same thing going on around here, only with manx cats instead of dogs. Love the lichen.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista