Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Feathered Friends!

I was very excited to see a Scissortail Flycatcher near my yard! They are common in our area, just not in my yard!


This little sparrow took a long and splashy bath! I am thinking it is a Fox Sparrow. It spends much time foraging on the ground. It also has more gray coloring on its head and back when it is dry!


Clean at last! I definitely recommend placing a birdbath or fountain near a window! This one is just outside our livingroom window! It has provided some of the best entertainment!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee


6 comments:

  1. Wow the tail on that bird is amazing and the sparrow is so cute. My dad feeds the birds and he gets so many types of birds, some of which I have never seen before. Our favorites are the bluebird (which is the New York state bird)cardinals(he has six mating pairs), and chickadee's who are so friendly that they just land on the pail of seeds while my father is putting them down. Thanks for sharing these pics. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to fix our bird bath...there is a crack and the water leaks out too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi:
    I was just stopping by to see what you were up to. For some silly reason my hand, which was so much better, is really hurting today so I am not up to typing. So I made this little message to let you know I still came by...and I loved your post because I always do!

    Roberta Anne...The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me. Our birdbath hasn't made it out of the shed the past few years. I'm going to get it out this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have three bird baths and never catch any birds bathing in it! I've only seen a flycatcher once. I've got to figure out what it is you do that brings nature calling.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am planning to put one out this yr. We have so many colorful birds and they are so fun to watch.
    We again are having a problem with a certain woodpecker that has again started his noise in the AM. on my Chimney cap.
    Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista