Thursday, April 2, 2009

Peeps!

I was thrilled to find baby chicks that will lay bluish green eggs! I went to get them after school on Thursday. The feed store calls them Aracaunas, but the information that I have found leads me to believe they are more likely a mutt variety referred to as Easter Eggers because of the colorful eggs. The "special" is 6 baby chicks with a 50 pound bag of starter mash! So that is what I came home with. I got them all settled in their big cardboard box in my garden shed with starter mash, water, and a light for warmth. They soon went to sleep. When they sleep, they sprawl out and look dead! My chicks scared the daylights out of me last year when I first witnessed this! Of course, I will be taking mountains of photos as usual to document their growth.
After getting my babies settled, I planted my 2 tomatoes, egg plant, sweet basil, and bell pepper in my garden. I have also been seeing Purple Martins in my area and a few have actually been visiting my Martin house. I really hope they will decide to move in!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee


3 comments:

  1. Oh Lorilee they are precious!!!I just want to hold one! I can't wait to see their first "Easter eggs" Thank you for sharing this adorable picture. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chickens and want to have some once I learn all I need to, and find someone to care for them when we're away. I look forward to all your chicken posts.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista