Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beautiful houses in Gonzales!

Besides shopping, and jail touring, we drove around the downtown area to look at some of the beautiful old homes. I thought I'd share a few photos with you.
Gorgeous! I wish I could see the inside!

Beautiful, but I wouldn't want to paint it! I guess if I could afford the house, I could afford to pay a painter!
I adore this window.

A beautiful stone house! Not so much painting!

A pretty brick home!
I couldn't pick a favorite!
I can't believe the detail!

Oh my, I love it! I was told there is a historical home tour in December! I wonder if these are on the tour. I may have to go back!
In the meantime, I have finally begun my new curtains. I hope to finish and share them soon. However, I haven't done any sewing today. I went to my brother and sister-in-laws home to visit. I had promised to paint my niece's toenails and put flowers on like mine!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee








3 comments:

  1. I love those houses too !
    Thanks for the photos..it's fun to see the historical homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do not build them like that anymore! I agree, I would not want to have to paint them!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful homes!

    I've one of those concrete/brick homes that needs no painting! But it does need sealing...which is the same amount of work. :(

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista