Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Finished! At Last

These were my old curtains. I made them shortly after we moved in 11 years ago.
I decided to make new curtains several weeks ago. After much agonizing and asking my mother-in-law for decorating advice, this is the result. The brass looking beads remind me of the nailheads on our sofa and loveseat.
I finally decided on a simple shirred top.
I went floor length this time and added sheers.
This is the what you see as you walk in our front door. My sweety is on his "side" of the sofa.I sit on the other end to blog, watch TV or do needlework!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee




7 comments:

  1. Lorilee, those curtains look so professionally made! It really suits the space too and the beads look great.
    I love your cross collection from your previous post - beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorilee,
    I love them. What a beautiful rich color and the trim is gorgeous. The length is just perfect too! Great job! I wish I could sew like that! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Your curtains are beautiful, and I love that color. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!! They look lovely.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your curtains turned out really cute. Love the color against the wall. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your curtains look great! Those are some tall windows too. Excellent job.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista