Thursday, August 20, 2009

"New" Chair, Chickens, and a Snake!

I had a sweet surprise waiting for me this evening. This chair was in my backyard. My sweety's parents brought it over. It belonged to my sweety's grandmother. She is now in a nursing home. Sadly, her house has been burlarized 2 times in the last month or so. They are trying to move things out before everything gets stolen!
While I was straightening the patio so that I could put the chair on it, one of my chickens squawked and flew across the yard. I looked for the dogs. They were just as startled as I was. I walked over to where the chicken had been and saw this garter snake! I guess she doesn't like snakes!
The girls really enjoy getting to roam in the evenings! They crowd around the gate of their run when they hear or see me outside.
It was getting pretty dark, and I was forced to use the flash. It sure makes their feathers shine.
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lorilee,
    Cute chair. I'm sorry your DH's grandmother had to go to a nursing home and that her home was robbed! Good grief!
    The girls look happy roaming around. I love looking at pictures of them. I've always wanted chickens, but my husband....not so much. Maybe someday when he retires he'll change his mind. Have a great day! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that chiar, isn't it funny how they were out of style and now are back in style and so expensive! Nice that it was your grandmother's. Love the chickens, snake not so much! I still love the bottle tree, I really want to create one in my yard.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chair looks to be in gr8 shape. Lucky girl.
    My Grandmother was in a nursing home for her last few months. It is sad but usually necessary.
    I hear guinneas will keep snakes away. They are more confrontational than chickens.
    Hope they are able to take care of all your grandmother's things before the heathens get it. Boy, I can't understand why some folks feel they have the right to do this to others. Someone stole a 6 gallon crock that I had planted with begonnias right out of our yard. Grrrrrrr.....I just don't understand. It can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm saddened of your DH's Grandmother's situation. I'm so glad that you got her chair. I love those chairs. Been trying to get one but too expensive.
    I enjoy looking at the "girls". They sure are pretty in the flash. Don't care for the slithering thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute chair. I love that it's red. It's fun living in the country even if it means snakes as neighbors. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute chair. I hate that your hubby's grandmother won't be in her home and I am sure you will think of her every time you sit in the chair.

    I love your chickens!!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista