Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cross Collection

What started as one cross bought at a Renaissance fair has become a collection. The middle cross also came from a Renaissance fair. The outer two came from market days in Gruene, Texas. We bought them while celebrating our 21st anniversary.
We have more crosses in our living room on each side of a Stickley mirror that my sweety's sister found at an estate sale . It is SO heavy.

The iron cross in this grouping on the other side of the mirror is the cross that started the collection!

This St. Brigid's cross of reeds hangs above the mirror.

The picket cross, visible from my kitchen window was a gift. When we are not experiencing a drought, there are vines growing on the fence around it.
This ceramic cross was a Bunco prize!

Another Bunco prize. I thought this would be an appropriate collection to share on a Sunday!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

6 comments:

  1. You've got a great collection going. I love that one you got at the renaissance fair. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful collection of crosses. There are so many pretty ones, that I don't think I could ever pick a favorite. Blessings to you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection and they are all so very unique!

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a beautiful cross collection! I don't think you can ever have too many! Don't you just LOVE Gruene!??!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Celtic and St. Brigid's cross ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a wonderful collection, Lorilee!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista