Thursday, July 30, 2009

Purse paraphernalia!

I just adore this compact! I found it in one of my Granny's purses. Her name was Elenora. "Yardley" is engraved on the back.
Here is the lipstick.
Of course, there is the powder!
Behind the mirror is the rouge!
I can't imagine that color on me!
This compact belonged to my husband's grandmother. Her name was Marjorie. The powder puff inside has the word "Volupte" on it.
This was another of her compacts. It is "Max Factor".
She also owned this lighter.
Here are the last two of my collection. The rectangular shaped compact is "Merle Norman" Lash Creme. The round compact is "Plough's" Black and White Beauty Creations.
Pretty Things.
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

5 comments:

  1. They are so pretty. I have never seen compacts like that before. Mine are plastic. The rouge is let's just say bright!
    They are treasures!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so chic. Those compacts are beautiful works of art. How lucky you are to have some from beloved family members. I am sure that makes them even more special to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection! Somehow the design of the compact seems to fit the names of the owners "Elenora" and "Marjorie". And amazing that the "rouge" (as they called it) is still intact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Those compacts are beautiful. Not like todays throw away stuff! How chic it must have been to pull one of those out of your purse to powder your nose with. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those accessories are things you don't see very often anymore. Little works of art. You're lucky to have them. Love the fabric on your casserole tote. Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista