Thursday, July 2, 2009

Poor Peach Tree!

This was my beautiful peach tree that I received from Pop and Barb at Christmas!
This is the result of my 14-year-old using the string trimmer around it! I hadn't gotten around to killing the grass and mulching it yet! Shame on me.

Since the damage to the bark was completely around the tree, this is what our County Extension Agent suggested I do. OUCH! Theoretically, it should sprout out again. I think the damage is above the graft. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee


5 comments:

  1. Oh Lorilee how sad. Were you getting any peaches yet? What a shame there was no way to patch the bark. I'm certain it will come back again and this time even more beautiful than it was. Have a happy and safe 4th! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh! My husband did that to a burning bush one time. I still throw him the stink eye now and again for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the monkeys pulled up an immature plum tree last year. I replanted it and it came back from the root. Hopefully, yours will come back too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn I hate when that happens. It's hard to complain to your son cause he was doing your yard work. And I'm always too tired by the time I get something planted to dig out the grass around it.

    I feel you pain Lori.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, that hurts. It was so cute. I hope it comes back.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista