Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Christmas Cactus a.k.a. Valentine's Cactus!

I am so excited! My Christmas Cactus is blooming. Of course, it was blooming when I received it as a gift. However, it has not re-bloomed in several years! So, a few weeks before Christmas I put it out in my barn, a.k.a. garden shed, near a window. I should have done it about 6 weeks earlier.sigh. Normally, it sits on the pot rack in my kitchen which means it gets light more hours than necessary for blooming!
I guess I should call it my Valentine's Cactus!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

6 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful and the perfect color for valentines day. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly nice flowers for Valentines Day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I am death to plant I stand in awe that it is not only alive but blooming no matter when.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool...I'm glad your plant is giving you a nice "Valentine's Day" gift (of blooming!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely plants. I haven't had one in years, but am thinking about getting my neighbor to give me a start of hers.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 Christmas "Valentines" Cactus that have been blooming since December.

    A coworker grows them at her house and her husband told her to get rid of some of them! Guess who has them sitting in her north facing window here at work?! A red one, a bright pink one, and a white one with pink tints in the middle.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista