Thursday, February 26, 2009

Outhouse obsession!

First, let me assure you that all of the photos are POSED, and not the real thing! (youngest son)
Myself, my sons, my parents and one brother and his family spent several days of Spring Break in Fredericksburg, Texas several years ago. We visited a wonderful museum of old German homes and buildings. What does it mean when people are so excited about an outhouse? (yours truly)


I mean, so excited that we take turns posing inside. Is this normal tourist behavior?(brother and nephew, too young to be held accountable for his actions!)

Who could resist sharing a two-seater with your sweety? (my parents)
Ya'll Come Back! (Unless posing in an outhouse is just too weird for your taste)
Lorilee

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lorilee, Im not sure posing (and being excited) about an outhouse is normal, but then again Im not a normal person so I enjoyed your 'shed snaps' LOL! X

    P.S Im glad you told me your son was posing, it had me worried for a moment..... Hee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG,
    we had a one holler when I was a kid. Didn't have indoor plumbing till I was a senior in high school.
    We use to get a hoot about keeping our pet rabbit in the outhouse. Scared some speechless as he was a BIG rabbit.
    I enjoyed this post. Thanks for memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's absolutely charming! We still have one out at "the farm". It is a modern one, built in the 1980's to use for "in case of emergency" at family gatherings! And, YES, it does get used! So there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh...heh...heh! Sure glad we aren't the only ones silly about outhouses!

    I have a picture of my husband with his pants down sitting in one at Bodie (an old ghost town south of us in California).

    And in Virginia City...we have outhouse races! :)

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista