Friday, February 27, 2009

Corn Dip Saga

At this time last year, my Carolina Jasmine was in full bloom! I haven't noticed anything this year. Maybe I should water it, since we haven't gotten any rain lately!
Add that to my "To Do" list.
Thursday was typical. I picked my son up from school, along with 3 friends. I took 2 of them to their homes. I dropped my son and one friend off at our house. I then left for Wal-Mart. While shopping, I ran into my Teaching Assistant. She asked what I was planning to take for Goody Day (our name for pot-luck lunches at school). Hmm, I had sorta forgotten about it. She told me she was making 7 Layer Dip. I decided on Corn Dip (It can be eaten on Fritos or as a salad.) I couldn't remember exactly what ingredients were required. No problem! I'd just call home and have my 13 year-old son look it up for me. (don't laugh, it sounded like a no-brainer at the time) First of all, no answer on the home phone. I called his friend's cell phone. (My son got his taken away a school for the semester)Again, no answer. So, I sent a text message that ended with "CALL ME". Amazingly, he did call back. I described exactly where to look for the recipe. "Go to the Espresso machine cart. Look in the bottom basket. Take out the white notebook. Flip to the section marked Appetizers and Dips on the divider tab. Look for Corn Dip". Son, " Yes, I have the notebook, but I don't see the recipe." Me, "Read off all the recipe titles to me." Son reads them off, but it isn't there. Plan B. I call my sister-in-law from whom I received the recipe in the first place. She quickly gives me the recipe. We chat a few moments. I finish my shopping, check-out and head for home. I call the boys to unload the Trailblazer while I feed the chickens, put out birdseed, fill the birdbath and water a wilted plant. I then decide to look for my recipe. It was on the back of the last page right where I told the 13-year-old to look. He simply neglected to turn the last page over! GAAAAAAH!
After a long story, I proceed to chop and mix the dip.

I will add the sour cream and mayo in the morning.


Corn Dip

2 cans of whole kernel corn, well-drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup each red and green pepper, chopped (I just used green)
1 small bunch chopped green onions
1 seeded jalepeno, finely chopped
Equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise

Drain corn. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Add equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise until dip is creamy. Serve with Fritos Scoops!

I doubled the recipe.

Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

11 comments:

  1. I would throw some chopped up grilled chicken into that and call it a meal! Yummmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delish!!!!! and EASY!..My kind of snack.

    PS: MY Carolina Jasmine is going BONKERS. It started about 10 days ago and is in fully bloom. I've GOT to get a picture of it. I also have a bouganvilla that popping out too. That what happens when it's 80 degrees and February. MAN...I hope this doesn't mean we are having a SORCHER Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are blooming! They seem to grow almost wild in my yard.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy. I'll bet it'd be good with summer's fresh corn. Always looking for a different way to use it up. Don't you just love 13 year olds? Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds yummy. I am never going to be skinny, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all kinds of veggie dips, but I don't think I've ever done one with corn - this looks awesome.

    My mom makes a confetti salad with corn, red pepper & green pepper and black beans. I'll have to dig that recipe up too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's go two strikes against him: he's male and he's a teen. Don't expect a whole lot of common sense. The dip looks great. I want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this neat recipe. I put this one in my keep file as I think it would be great to share at a church meal. Can't wait to try it.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. [url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://vioperdosas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
    [b]software product prices, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]macromedia software for[/url]
    [url=http://sapresodas.net/]buy photoshop filters[/url] adobe lighthouse software illegal software canada
    software canada review [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]windows xp home oem software[/url] office 2003 activation crack
    [url=http://sapresodas.net/]online store building software[/url] cheapest adobe software
    [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]student software discounts[/url] software house canada
    coreldraw [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]autocad symbols[/url][/b]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. And I will share too. It's y'all, not ya'll. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista