Monday, February 2, 2009

Rings on her fingers and bells up her nose?

My sweety usually has Mondays off from work. Today, he made a base for my bottle tree. We had some pieces of oak salvaged from a wooden pallet lying around, so that is the wood he used. Now all it needs is more bottles, and I am working on that. I have a White Merlot chilling!
While sweety was at home, I was at school. My Teaching assistant had to work in another classroom today since we were very shorthanded. So I had the pleasure of this experience alone! A cute little girl in my afternoon class arrived wearing a skirt with jinglebells on it. It was over her regular clothes and looked like part of a costume. Shortly upon arrival in the classroom, another little girl was wearing it! Since it wasn't causing a problem, I let it go and made a mental note to be sure the skirt went home on the correct child! Later, the students were on the carpet and I was reading a story, when I noticed the little girl playing with a couple of the jinglebells that had fallen off. Actually, they had probably been assisted off by little fingers. I told her to put them in the skirt owners "mailbox" which is our name for their cubbies. She obediently got up, went to the mailboxes and returned. A moment later, I looked at her, and she had a red jingle bell in one nostril and a green jinglebell in the other! I pretty much shrieked, " (little girl's name), get those jinglebells out of your nose!" She calmly took a breath through her mouth and blew them out. This time I told her to put them in the trash and put the skirt in the owners mailbox. Later, I explained the dangers of putting items up your nose. Then, when the students were leaving for the day, I called to her, " Remember, it's supposed to be rings on your fingers and bells on your toes, not up your nose!" She giggled and replied, "You made a rhyme!" Oh, those four-year-olds!
Oh, and I apologize for not having photos to accompany this story! haha!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

5 comments:

  1. Lorilee, I almost spite out my wine, hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORILEE,
    I WILL ALWAYS THINK OF YOU EVERYTIME I HEAR RINGS IN YOUR NOSE...BELLS ON YOUR TOES....
    I WONDER IF SHE WILL TRY TO COME WITH BELLS ON HER TOES....
    I HAD TO SHARE THAT WITH MY DIL SINCE SHE TEACHES PRE-K AND SHE JUST HATES IT WHEN HER ASSISTANT IS NOT THERE.
    YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL SENSE OF HUMOR AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO BE A PRE-K TEACHER.
    THIS IS MY DIL'S SECOND YEAR TO TEACH...SHE GRADUATED WITH HER BACHELOR'S 1 YEAR AHEAD OF TIME BECAUSE OF THE COURSES SHE TOOK IN HIGH SCHOOL....BUT COLLEGE SURE DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE "GIFT" IT TAKES TO BE A TEACHER. i CAN TELL YOU HAVE THAT GIFT.
    BLESSINGS
    debbie
    ps...love that bottle tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bottle tree, especially the post/tree that it's made from, it looks more like a real tree than many I've seen. I keep saying I'm going to make one, but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG....gotta love the antics and minds of those precious pre-schoolers! I miss my teaching days...only did it for two years at our Church Pre-school but I STILL remember to funny stories.

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your bottle tree. You are so lucky to have such a sweet hubby! Those things cost big bucks when somebody else makes them. Now go start drinking so you can fill up the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. I practically strip search my 7 year old great grandson before I put him on the bus to make sure he is not taking any contraband to school.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista