Monday, September 29, 2008

A First Time for Everything--this time its Bread Pudding!

After enjoying my recent issue of Better Homes and Gardens, I was anxious to try a recipe I found inside for bread pudding.
The photo looked so yummy. It is called "Bread Pudding with Chocolate and Cherries". My thought was how could it not be good with chocolate and cherries. Better yet, cherries soaked in Brandy (or apple juice). I went for the Brandy since I had bought some for soaking cherries in awhile back to make chocolate dipped cherries.
I gathered all the ingredients and got started. Thank you Aretha, Lucy, and Ethel for the eggs!

Well, here it is, my first try at Bread Pudding. It was pretty yummy! A great finish after a supper of Roast, Wild Rice and English peas.

Ya'll Come Back Now!

Lorilee

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I really wish you hadn't done this. Sigh. I can just taste it...let me check the driving time to Texas...

    (())

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supper???? Forget supper, go straight to dessert! I think I can smell it up here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I so wish I could eat this. I'd never thought that bread pudding and chocolate would go together. But then what doesn't go together with chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks scrumptious! I wish I was more creative in the kitchen. (But psst! Have you tried Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt? I'm absolutely addicted to it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good. I can almost taste it just looking at the picture. It makes me hungry for some rice pudding also.
    I love to read your posts.
    Have a great day,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good. I can almost taste it just looking at the picture. It makes me hungry for some rice pudding also.
    I love to read your posts.
    Have a great day,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista