Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rainy Sunday!



Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Ike made landfall north of us. We didn't even get any rain. I am thankful that we didn't get any of his wind either! I spent much of the day Saturday putting things back! I have just about everything back where it belongs. I decided to clean the windows on the patio and the furniture before returning it to its place. In the evening, my son and I went to Incredible Pizza with my Dad, Stepmom and nephew. Pop and the boys had a bumper car challenge, and we played some games. Pop clobbered me on the deer hunt game! Sadly, I forgot my camera in the rush to get showered and ready after working outside in the heat.


This morning, we are having T-storms courtesy of the cool front! Boy do we need the rains. Yippee, we are expecting highs next week only in the mid 80's! What a treat after high 90's!
What a surprise to come home to discover that I 've been given the Smile Award by Nola of Alamo North http://http//alamo-north.blogspot.com/ . The award was created by Mere at The Babblings of Mere.




The Smile Award
These are the rules:

1. The recipient must link back the the awards creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.


Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude.(not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids{Most of the time, I'm trying!}

I am passing on the award to some of my favorite blogs. It was hard to narrow down my list, because I follow many wonderful blogs!

1. Marie at Watch the Wind Blow By for her cheerful postings!
2 Joanne at My Little Cottage in the Making for her posting Please help make Rhonda's Mom smile, that shows a love for one another.
3 Heather at Speckled Egg for Pretty Posies and a flop. Not everything turns out according to our visions, been there!
4. Carolyn at Tumbleweeds and Thyme who must be learning from others by having Pasha and Nic from Russia help out on their farm this summer!
5. Joy at Joys of Home for sharing so many wonderful ideas for me to copy!
6. Gretchen at Bird Nest Cottage because she shows her love of life in her postings.
7. Tracey at tcalamity who has 4 lovely daughters!

13 comments:

  1. I'll have to go edit my post; I couldn't figure out who it was created by, my links didn't work. You are a smart cookie!

    Is that Hummingbird Vine in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always called the vine Cypress Vine, but I have recently heard in called Hummingbird Vine, too! The blooms definitely attract the hummers. (I had to read the fine print on the award for the creators blogsite!)
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a lot of rain too, plus wind. But no damage. Just picking up debris and sticks in the yard that came off the trees. So we did well.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorilee, thanks for stopping by to see me. I don't think I've been by here before, so it's nice to meet you. I hope you'll come back often.

    Oh, I remember that BJ song from way back, used to love that one!

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you were prepared for Ike. I had to tidy up our yard for Gustav last weekend. We faired well and got just a bit of rain, no heavy winds! My daughter is helping me with my banner. We just to a picture and she altered it a bit. It needs a little work yet. Oh well! Everyone needs a little change now and then.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing that you didn't have any damage. The photos have been so upsetting to see. Glad to hear that you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you sweetie....my first blog award......xxxxxxxxxxxxxx t

    Glad your all ok and safe after Ike.love the picture with raindrops on it.
    take care.
    xxxxxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorilee right back at you, I have given you the Smile award and I am passing back on to you for making me smile.xxxxxx
    xxxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Lorilee! Glad to see that Ike missed you. We did pretty well, all things considered! Could be so much worse. At least we finally have some cooler temps. When Rita came through we were w/o power for 3 days and it was HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorilee,

    Thanks so much for the award. I'm so far behind on my postings and replies but I do want to thank you. You've become such a special friend and I always look forward to hearing from you.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
    Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

    Kisses
    Debbie Moss

    Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lorilee :)

    I'm glad Ike passed you by! Congratulations on your award :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thank you for the award. Sorry I have not been by in awhile. I've been dog sitting and not spending much time on the computer.

    How sweet of you. I will put it on my blog when I get home. I can't save things here as it's not my computer.

    Thank you so much.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista