Friday, September 12, 2008

In Case Ike drops by!



This is my patio under normal circumstances. Now it is bare! I've been busy with preparations in case Ike decides to drop by! It does look as though he is headed North of us.



This is my patio ready for a visit from Ike. My 13-year-old was too happy with the spray paint! I am thankful to have a nice size "Tuff Shed" in which to store yard and gardening equipement. It is great for all the outdoor furniture, gas grill, and garden decorations.


I have a large drop side wagon that I loaded many of my potted plants into. I pushed it into the shed late this evening. Many plants also went into the house.


Last, but not least, more extra gas and the generator we bought after not having electricity for several days after hurricane Claudette!

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have a generator! Hubby said he was going to buy one after Rita - still waiting! We were w/o power for 3 days then.
    We still have power for the moment. I've been trying to catch up on some blog reading while watching the wind pick up. The worst is supposed to start hitting here in another hour or so.
    Stay safe!
    ps - enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stay safe! Good thing you have a generator!

    I loved your recipe for cleaning your floors, I bet that lavendar oil smells great, where do you buy that at?

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and dry.
    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you fared well, we made it through with only a little wind and rain.
    I am passing The Smile Award on to you, so check out my blog when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Ike didn't come for a visit and that your patio will be back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lorilee!

    Now you must let us know how you are doing?!!! Hope all is well! Take care dear!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lorilee!
    Best wishes, and I hope you stay dry and safe. What a contrast between how your patio normally looks to now. But hopefully all will be well, and you can soon return all your goods to your patio. That's a great shed you have, I won't show my husband, he will have shed- envy ;)
    PS: I LOVE the dress you made for the Texas Renaissance festival, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Lorilee,
    I hope that YOU, your loved ones, and neighbours stay safe!
    Thinking of all of you lovelies!
    Kisses
    Debbie Moss

    (FROM ENGLAND)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you fared well and had no damage! Love the sign your son made! So cute! Hope your patio is back in shape soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you were safe through the storms. I love your patio and the candle chandelier. I hate that you have to go through all that for the potential weather but I know better to be safe than sorry. What about your little chickens?

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista