Saturday, December 6, 2008

I still haven't made any progress with my Christmas decorating! My excuses? Well, not enough time and energy after work. Then, this morning, I awoke with aches and a sore throat. I didn't even get out of bed until 3:30 p.m.! So, I thought I would try a flashback to better and more "well" times. Actually, I was coming down with a cold this weekend too! Is there a pattern here?
I love the architecture of the Texas Renaissance Festival. There are some wonderful plants too! Aren't the hanging baskets lovely?

I love the wooden shingled rooflines.

I think this building has an interesting "guard".


Awesome! I love the little statues.

I wish I had a large enough yard for this spectacular sculpture. Oh, yeah, and enough money!
This immense sphere of marble spinning on a layer of water was amazing!

This bejeweled dragon was on the trail in the "Secret Garden".
I'm off to look for some soup and ibprofen!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee






5 comments:

  1. Lorilee, I have to to make it to that festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool photos. We also have a Renaissance festival in Tennessee each year. Never been but my daughter attends and love it. I don't think I would've noticed those hanging baskets had you not said something. They are awesome. They can keep the gargoyles though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorilee ~ oh my! Hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but I had that same thingy for 2 full weeks. . . . . . .just lingerlingerlingered. . . ugh! Maybe you'll be luckier* Chicken Soup * lotsa liquids and REST REST REST!! (in your SPARE time, of course!!) Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to the Texas Ren Festival in years but those pictures brought back fond memories. That architecture would be GREAT to have on my house...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the gargoyles ~ I have four of them "protecting" my yard & garden...although, if they aren't diverting water, they really aren't gargoyles.

    Love the buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista