Friday, December 19, 2008

Record snow on the Texas Coast in 2004

This is coastal South Texas it almost NEVER snows here. If it does, it is a thin layer of wet snow! Late Christmas Eve 2004, the snow began to fall! Brian made his first snow angel.
It really began to accumulate. We were excited beyond words! We stayed up relishing it until 2 a.m.. I was afraid to go to sleep thinking it would disappear overnight. I couldn't stop looking out the window. I finally fell asleep.

We were awake bright and early, which is typical of a Christmas morning. However, we didn't look under the tree. Instead, we looked outside!

The sight took our breath away. A foot of snow had fallen during the night. Snow was mounded delicately on everything.

The white peaceful silence was soon broken. Our family was soon outdoors romping and tromping in the powdery snow. The dogs were dumbfounded! There was no grass for taking care of "business".
The birdbath resembled a snowcone!
Our house seemed dressed for Christmas.

A Boogie Board was found to ride down a slope! Brian is taking his turn.


That year, we had Christmas at my Mom and Dad's the weekend after Christmas. There was still some snow left for the cousins to make a snowman. (This is my childhood home).

Brotherly cooperation! Is it because of Christmas or the snow?

The cousins are proud of their handiwork! A once in a lifetime event on the Texas Coast! Wonderful memories.
Ya'll Come Back,
Lorilee

9 comments:

  1. It looks so fun! I love those mornings when you wake up to a winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rare is that? It has NEVER snowed here on Christmas! I love the shots of the lights against the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! A Christmas to remember, for sure! I'd like to see more of those in the future! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorilee :)

    Those pictures are incredible!! Oh and I must say that your husband in that cowboy coat looks mighty fine ;)

    I want to wish you and your family and very Merry Christmas!
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure do miss Texas, snow or no snow.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wishing you a wonderful christmas and happy new year and another year of blogging.
    xxxxxx
    t
    P.s thanks for all your lovely comments over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just happened to see your blog from Cranberry corner. I really was surprised by the photos of snow in TX.
    Do have a happy and blessed holiday.
    Enjoy your snow. It is soooo cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen snow once I think since we moved here four years ago. But it's sure cold enough outside! Happy Holidays, blogging buddy!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quiet muffled sound of snow falling...it's one of my favorite times to go out walking. Everything seems so clean, peaceful and new.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista