Sunday, November 30, 2008

A new Recipe-Cardamom Biscotti

I decided to try this new Cardamom Almond Biscotti recipe for my sweet mother-in-law. I had never even heard of cardamom until I met her!
Let's see, I think I finally have everything gathered, after a 2nd trip to Wal-Mart for flour! Brian's calling me to come look at the fountain!Yeehaw! The cardinals don't come this close to the house very often. This fountain IS frequently full of sparrows frolicking in the water!(The photo is taken through a not very clean)
O.K. back to the biscotti. It is a large batch. I'm thankful for my heavy-duty mixer!

Bake, cut and bake again!

It is pretty yummy. I think I will make it again! (Especially after spending $10 on that jar of cardamom!)
If you would like to try it, the recipe follows!
Cardamom Almond Biscotti
1cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons almond extract
5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup chopped almonds
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cardamom; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in almonds.
2. Divide dough into fourths. On two greased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 15-inch log (two logs per pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
3. Transfer to a cutting board;cut at 45 degree angle with a sharp knife into 1/2-inch slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee




7 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! Robert seems to be fond of the kind I buy at Walmart when he comes in for my coffee! I'm sure he would enjoy these. And guess what, I'd almost forgotten till I wrote this, he's 41 today. Still a youngster in my eyes!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm that sounds yummy! My little mother loved biscotti.

    (())

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both almond and biscotti, so I bet I'd love that recipe. I'm not sure what cardamom tastes like, but I know it's in my chai mix and I love that! Sounds yummy, even after I ate waaaaay too much of everything these last 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remind me to look on the baker's rack for my kitchenaid when I get home...that looks just like mine!

    Thanks for the recipe, will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. post script: I went to the grocery store today.....sticker shock! I wasn't paying attention when you listed the price of the cardamom! Ouch! Now I gotta use more cardamom; can't let it go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mschppzlb http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle

    ReplyDelete
  7. yaynsjzig [url=http://ricostrong.net]Rico The Destroyer[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista